Many of us are feeling low and irritable about Covid-19, and the restrictions have made many of us a lot more eager and enthusiastic to start planning ahead for our Christmas celebrations. London is well-known for its scenic, beautiful Winter scenes, from streets lit with festive and twinkling lights to lively bars. After a somewhat dull year, caused by lockdown, a warm and bright celebration is what everyone needs. Cocktail bar Shoreditch.
London: Brick Lane
London is popular for its vibrant nightlife, and for hundreds of years, Brick Lane has always been known for its eclectic mixture of immigrant communities. Today Brick Lane is better known for bringing together a diverse range of cultural and artistic delights in London, including vintage clothing stores and markets, street art, and a variety of top-rated bars in London. Brick Lane is in the centre of London’s East End and since the 1990s has been referred to as an alternative, centre of London.
Brick Lane Highlights:
- Look out for Bansky street art.
- The Brick Lane Market is the home to organic produce, antique furniture, and vintage clothing.
- There are 50 different curry eateries and restaurants to choose from, along Brick Lane (Aladin is one of Prince Charles’ favourites).
- The Backyard Market is the best place to buy organic meat and produce.
- Rough Trade East is the place to go if you love vinyls. Make sure you stop for photos at the Rough Trade photo booth.
- The Brick Lane Gallery is the home to artwork by David Shackleton, Banksy, and Sandra Mennant.
- 115B Brick Lane is an interesting place to take a few pics of Christiaan Nage’s mushrooms.
Pears And Apples
From Brick Lane, head over to Apples and Pears, a popular bar that encompasses the beauty of Brick Lane, which includes a diverse culture, uniqueness, and art. This is the bar to visit if you are looking for something a bit different and special. It is also a great spot to consider for your upcoming Christmas party! Situated in the bustling and bright East End, Apple and Pears is just one street from Brick Lane (Osborn Street). This venue is an independent cocktail bar that serves fantastically mixed drinks, introducing colourful ingredients and flavours. The music programme on offer is lively and eclectic, turning out everything from funk, soul, 80s/90s party classics, and old-school hip-hop throughout the week. The extensive music range offers enough to satisfy all tastes and interests.
Apples And Pears Highlights:
- Extensive range of fun and unique cocktails
- Specials on cocktails from Tuesday to Sunday
- Bookings for Christmas drinks
- The bar is filled with lively pop art and street style
- Chic, industrial, aesthetic, and warm feel (Ideal for Instagram!)
- Venue hire and private rooms (Perfect for Christmas parties and events)
- Fantastic transport links
- An enclosed garden (ideal for safety, especially during the pandemic)
- A great spot for get-togethers with friends or even your next date night
- Wide music variety and a DJ with loads of old-school throwbacks
- The food menu offers a selection of fantastic pizza’s
Apples and Pears offers an excellent vibe. This has to do with Reggie, the welcoming and friendly owner, the beautiful interior decorations, and the professional and friendly staff. If you are interested in something fun and festive, but something more quirky and slightly less traditional, then we suggest that you head over to Apple and Pears.